YOUR MoonRoot Spirit™ IS ... MAGICAL OAK
Hello Magical Oak! Superstition says that when we “knock on wood” we are calling for the protection of magical energies residing within the oak’s trunk. Your creative style is definitely a mix of reliability and mystery. Your perseverance and dependability will make it easy for you to stay focused on connecting with your imagination and creative energy. You’re a natural born leader and your self-discipline will help you stay on a creative path.
When it comes to a Magical Oak’s health you are very organized and informed. You enjoy the reliability and competitiveness of team sports and like a good volleyball or softball competition. You may find yourself meditating because it helps you to think clearly and it has some science behind the reported benefits. You just love when mystery meets dependability. Keep in mind though that adventure may be found right outside your usual patterns. Confetti toss for trying new things, Sweet Pea!
- Organized and informed
- Often very competitive
- Mysterious and dependable
- Always reliable
Oaks care deeply and love with all their heart! However, you may not always reveal this part of yourselves to the outside world. A river runs deep and so do the roots, and emotions, of an Oak. Oaks are often very straightforward in their emotional approach to dealing with others. A healthy Oak will work on being more empathetic so that she may take other’s feelings into account before sharing her own. Imagine walking a mile in someone else’s shoes. Yes, you’re wearing comfortable shoes and yes, you have a map!
- Cares deeply about others
- Straightforward approach to feelings
- Loves with whole heart
- Learns from experience
going out into the world
Let’s just put this out there. Oak, you get sheet done. (and we’re not talking about making your bed!) When you go out into the world you are so motivated to see things through and you really connect with the idea of being a change maker and risk taker. You also have an element of mystery that adds to your badass resume of reasons you will be successful and happy. Make a conscious effort to make room for that mystery and slow down long enough to connect with it.
- Likes orchestrating change
- Enjoys taking risks
- Reliable and prompt
- Needs order and dependability
Oaks are honest to a fault and take their relationships very seriously. You tend to stay in relationships and work things out. An Oak values strength, dedication, and reliability and will also look for that in a friend or romantic interest. You’re so good at writing down important dates and won't blow off a planned lunch or night out on the town. It’s easy for an Oak to be all in or all out when it comes to close connections and you will thrive in an environment where there’s a balanced healthy ground.
- Honest to a fault
- Takes relationships seriously
- Enjoys planning special occasions
- Very organized and detail oriented
An Oak loves to be included in different aspects of their community but, is often more comfortable leading than following. Oaks thrive in an environment where order and ambition take center stage. You may find an Oak leading a group at a “Whodunit” mystery dinner or carefully planning the next neighborhood block party. Don’t forget the importance of slowing down long enough to let others contribute to your plan, Stan.
- Loves to lead others
- Ambitious and conscientious
- Trusts organizations that run smoothly
- Thrives when given a foolproof gameplan
Style & Decor
When it comes to an Oak’s style, you’re all about modern day art and furnishings. And your place is CA-LEAN. You value craftsmanship over a discount any day of the week and may even have some of your pieces custom made just for you. You won’t find an Oak’s place full of unfinished projects, you like to get things done right the first time. Your kitchen is always stocked with happy snacks just in case someone stops by unexpected. Way to be thoughtful and prepared, Sweetheart.
- Values craftsmanship over discount
- Likes custom made pieces
- Doesn’t like unfinished work
- Prepared for unexpected guests
legacy & future
Fast forward in time to the old and wise Oak. You are remembered for always trying your very best to make this world a better place! You’ve developed relationships that will stand the test of time while your legacy will continue to educate future generations of the importance of hard work and perseverance. Your brave heart has found balance and harmony within the chaos of this wild world. You opened up and allowed yourself to lead with your imagination and it has taken you to unexpected worlds and experiences. And all of this…..No small feat, Oak. No small feat.
- Wants to make the world a better place
- Always tries their best
- Leads with brave heart
- Finds harmony within chaos
happiness & joy
Every little thing is gonna be Oak-ay. Oaks are most happy when a well organized plan comes into place. They flourish in a world of order and reliability. A happy Oak is an Oak that can play and be free to try new things. You need to remember how much happier you are when you get much needed rest throughout the week. Babes rule the world, so let’s be well rested for the journey ahead!
- Happiest when things are well organized
- Enjoys playing outside comfort zone
- Thrives with adequate rest and revitalization
- Finds joy in a well-executed plan of action
Oaks are very capable of being financially stable and money doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket very often. You pay your bills on time and you like a clean and tidy bank account. It’s easy for you to store away your acorns for a rainy day.That being said, don’t go nuts. Remember to let loose every once and a while and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- Likes lists, graphs, and charts
- Pays bills on time
- Saves for a rainy day
- Financially stable
Oak, order is your middle name when it comes to fashion. You tend to have well manicured nails, styled hair, and there’s no way you’re going to bed with your makeup on! You can also find the best deal on just about anything. You have several “go to” power outfits that make you feel unstoppable. Your jewelry is always perfectly thought out and is the perfect addition to your latest outfit. Sometimes however, these items can be outdated or not reflect the mysterious part of your personality. While saving for a rainy day you could miss a great opportunity to buy a pair of soul-nourishing (Yes really, soul-nourishing) heels. Just buy the shoes, Buttercup.
- Loves matching jewelry
- Enjoys a good mani/pedi
- Finds the best deals
- Trusts sensible footwear
Oaks feel connected to their spirituality through books and teachings. They will thrive in a group type environment and also do well with a regular schedule. Reading and learning from others gives you more of a science-based understanding of what you believe in. Your community gives you a solid foundation to grow from and flourish. Be sure to leave space in your life for others to share their beliefs as well. We all learn from each other right?
- Feel connected through reading
- Like a group environment
- Understand a science based approach to learning
- Flourish in a community environment
best version of you
When an oak is feeling strong, brave, and totally centered in their wisdom there is a mysterious feeling that radiates from within. This happens when order meets mystery. It’s the calm, secret whisper of your soul that allows you to grow outside of where you’ve been and truly connect with where you’re going. Space is then made for your imagination to climb up from the backseat and drive for a while. This is sooo sooo good, Gorgeous!
- Like when order meets mystery
- Listen for inner wisdom when making decisions
- Thrive when connected to creativity
- Love the strong and brave centeredness of balanced life
MAGICAL OAKS ARE:
- Wise Leaders
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- What Do You Do With An Idea by Kobi Yamada
- Uni the Unicorn by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Together is Better by Simon Sinek
- You’re a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Peace in Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr
- Fail, Fail Again, Fail Better by Pema Chodron
SOUL-NOURISHING SOIL=BEAUTIFULLY BALANCED BRANCHES
HERE’S SOME FUN TIPS TO STAY ROOTED IN YOUR COLOR:
- Take a small jar and start saving for something that isn’t practical and only spend that saved money on something fun. (This IS NOT the “Oh, Sh*t I just ran out of toilet paper” jar!)
- Say this outloud, “The Mighty Oak needs the sun to grow” and then get outside for some much needed Vitamin D! (Even if it’s 1 minute!)
- Do one thing a week that follows your heart and not your head. Roller skating perhaps?
- Send yourself a love note and decorate the envelope with stamps and hearts.
- Clean up your “follow list” on your social media accounts. Only keep accounts that really matter to who you are and where you’re going.
- For the next 30 days accept every single compliment that is given to you as though it was a small wrapped package of self-esteem boosting goodness. No downplaying your amazingness. Bonus points for giving them to yourself!
- Get out your boombox (I mean open Pandora) and dance to your favorite movie’s soundtrack. Oooh... what is your favorite movie’s soundtrack?
- See the extraordinary in what is perceived as the ordinary. Purchase a houseplant and thank it every day for cleaning your air and making your place a healthier abode. “Houseplant, you are the bee’s knees, the jam to my peanut butter, the cherry on my cupcake, the most amazing air cleaning friend I’ve ever had. Thank you for doing what you do best and helping me to lead a healthier life”.
- Find a book store and wander around until you hear the soft whisper of your next adventure calling you from the shelves.
- Learn about the science behind meditation and then try it while making discoveries from the heart.
- Try Julia Cameron’s Morning Pages exercise and chart your progress on the inside cover of your notebook.
- Own your amazing connection to your organizational style. Proudly make your lists and even give yourself stickers for a job well done.
- Spruce up the area of your home where you pay your bills. There’s no rule saying that paying bills has to be black and white and boring. I see a rainbow sticker on the future water bill envelope, don’t you?
- Make a short song about your future healthy relationship with food. Belt it out for the world to hear.